About Our Program
The City of Davis Gymnastics and Dance Center offers recreational classes for children and adults ages 1 and up! We pride ourselves in building confidence and skills needed to excel in all areas of life. Gymnastics and dance help social interactions, movement fundamentals, self esteem and develop skills to enhance other sports. Our goal is to accommodate your child to the best of our abilities regardless of their needs. We employ a highly trained staff who show a desire and love for working with youth.
A complete listing of classes and class schedules can be found in our Recreation Schedule, published three times a year (Summer, Fall, and Winter/Spring). You can download a copy of the Recreation Schedule from our Forms & Publications page.
To contact the Gymnastics and Dance Center, please call (530)757-5627
- DIAPER DAREDEVILS - Ages 1-2 years
- This class is designed as an introduction to the world of gymnastics. This is a fun class for you and your youngster. The children will explore movement in a maze of colorful equipment with the help of you and your instructor. Parent participation is required.
- CREATIVE CLIMBERS - Ages 2-3.5 years
- Spend time with your child while enjoying a fun and colorful adventure. Through the use of obstacle courses and a variety of gymnastics equipment, your child will learn in a fun and safe environment. Caring staff encourages your child’s natural desire to explore movement. Parent participation is required.
- TINY TUMBLERS - Ages 3-5 years
- Our instructors introduce your child to gymnastics in a structured but fun environment. Your child will playfully learn gymnastics while developing strength, balance, flexibility and coordination. All skills are taught in a fun, age-appropriate environment. This is the first gymnastics class where the child participates without a parent.
- JUNIOR JUMPERS - Ages 4-5 years
- This is the second class in our preschool series without parent involvement. Children will continue to learn gymnastics skills in a safe and fun environment. They will start to learn harder skills and spend more time on the larger equipment. This class requires instructor consent.
- FANTASTIC FLIPPERS - Ages 5-6 years
- Fantastic flippers Is the third class in the preschool series. It is a unique class designed for children who have completed Junior Jumpers. Children will continue learning new gymnastics skills while working on strength, flexibility, and technique. This class requires instructor consent.
- GIRLS GYMNASTICS
- Our classes offer gymnastics instruction in a safe and fun environment for girls ages 6-18. The participants warm up, then practice and learn skills on vault, bars, beam, floor and tumble track. All new gymnasts need to start in Level A. We follow the USA Gymnastics program for teaching. Girls will have an opportunity to learn new skills, make friends and gain increased self-esteem. All participants have a skill card to keep track of their progress in the class. Typically it takes more then one session for a child to complete a level. When your child has completed a level, you will receive her skill card in the mail. All classes Levels B-5 are by instructor consent only.
- BOYS GYMNASTICS
- Our gymnastics classes offer gymnastics instruction, strength and body control in a safe and fun environment for boys ages 6-12. Participants learn and practice skills on the floor, bars, vault, rings and pommel horse. All new gymnasts need to sign-up for Level A. All participants in Level A and up will have a skill card that will keep track of their progress in the class Once your child has completed a level they will receive their skill card in the mail. Level B is by consent only.
- ME AND MY SHADOW - Ages 2-3 years
- This is a fun dance class for you and your young one to enjoy together. Learn basic dance skills and have fun moving to the music. Parent participation required.
- TUMBLING TUTUS - Ages 3-4 years
- Children will learn the basics of ballet through barre work and games. They will become familiar with dancing to music with the guidance of an instructor. Your child will also learn the basic gymnastics skills on the trampoline and floor.
- PRIVATE GYMNASTICS OR DANCE LESSONS
- Does your child do better learning on their own? Is your child working on mastering a specific skill or trick? If so, private lessons may be the perfect choice. Call the City of Davis Gymnastics at 757-5627 to set up a lesson time. Lessons are offered in 30 minute increments and the cost is $17.00 per 30 minutes. We will arrange a coach who can teach at your child’s ability level at a time that works for you.
- TEEN GYMNASTICS CLASS
- Teen gymnastics is for children ages 12-17. This class is designed to meet the needs of each particiant. Participants will be working mostly on floor skills along with strength and flexability. Teen gymnastics is the perfect class for beginning to advanced gymnasts! Teen gymnastics is offered on Tuesday nights from 6:30-8:00 p.m.
- SPRING FLING GYMNASTICS AND DANCE CAMP - Ages 6-12 years
- Come join us as we fling through spring in this incredible camp! Experience this fun fusion of gymnastics and dance. Participants will practice skills on all gymnastics equipment and learn different types of dance.
- GYMNASTICS AND DANCE SPRING SHOW - Time To Shine - April 27, 2013
- This spectacular performance is open to all participants in Tumbling Tutus, Tiny Tumblers and up! In order to participate you must be registered in a gymnastics or dance class for both sessions beginning the week of February 11 and March 25. Tickets to the show will be available at the door for $5.00 per person. Children 2 and under are free!
- The Gymnastics and Dance Center is offering Birthday parties for children of all ages. Party guests will enjoy games, a giant obstacle course, tumble track, parachute fun and more! The parties are led by enthusiastic and interactive staff. Reservations are available on Saturdays from 1:30 - 3:30 p.m. and 4:00 - 6:00 p.m. Sundays from 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., 1:00 - 3:00 p.m. and 3:30 - 5:30 p.m.
For only $125, the party package includes:
- 2 hour facility rental
- Tables and chairs
- Set up and clean up
- Facilitation by staff members
Experiences to be remembered for years to come!
Requires Update: No